Doll Journey: One Step at a Time

Whenever you work on a doll  you don't always have all the pieces together. I usually have more of the big picture than I did with this doll.
What it has taught me is to "Take it one Step at a Time".
While I worked on the flames, more and more things revealed themselves to me. I knew this doll was to have wings. What I didn't know was why. Now I DO! Follow along my thought process for a  minute.
As a flame burns, there is a change created. We are left with Ashes. I remembered "beauty for ashes" and had to go find out why it sounded like I was trading beauty for a pile of ashes- when I knew it was supposed to be the other way around. When I found it,  it smacked me. I mean it resonated deep within me.
Isaiah 61:3 "To console those who mourn in Zion, To give them beauty for ashes, The oil of joy for mourning, The garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness; That they may be called trees of righteousness, The planting of the LORD, that He may be glorified.”
Before you groan that it is a scripture (don't act like you don't cause I do too sometimes), the validity to you may not have the same weight as it does to me. Here is why. Wrestling with grief from the death of my mother made it difficult  to finish my last doll, who was a tree and was designated to represent "Earthen Mother".  I seriously mean beading between sobs and nose blowing. My mother was known to me as the most beautiful and elegant lady I have ever known and she was, in fact,  cremated (my brother and I are still waiting for our urns from my step- father too!). Wow, it never ends.  So I don't really have her ashes either. This is why it was so difficult to begin a new doll at all. ( I know a long story but this is where it comes from.)
"So. Why wings?" you ask.
A Phoenix rises from the ashes, a blazing bird rises.
Birds!
So, if you have wings...there needs to be feathers. Now that I know why she is to have wings, I can share the feathers I have been toying with.

 Again there you see it? It all follows a unique path tailor made for me. Coincidence? I think not.
The rest of the vision just came together, that fast, because I took it one step at a time.
Put one foot in front of the other and stay on that path.
You have a creative path that is YOURS, it will pull on everything that is YOU.

I think I need a few more...
Blessings.

Comments

Cathey said…
Isn't it amazing how the Lord puts things in our paths to figure out ourselves? Sometimes I wonder if he's put things in my path that I haven't recognized.
Your doll is going to be wonderful. Can't wait to see her, either in progress or finished.
Unknown said…
Thanks Cathey, I am sure I have "missed it" a time or two (at least!).It is more than amazing it is just incredible how that happens.
Blessings,
Ralonda
Natalie said…
I love reading your posts and watching Him create in and through you! How wonderful it is that the Sweet Spot is found only when we will Be Still And Know That I Am God!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning again.

Thank You

10 Days