For the Love of Shoes

As a toddler, my mother knew there was something wrong with my ankles. It probably didn't help soothe her mind to note that there were two other cases of club foot and  another baby born to my father with a severe deformity. I tell you this because my mother spent a lot of time rubbing my feet and taking care that I had just the right shoes. I wore corrective shoes and braces until I was old enough to protest. She knew I meant business when I threw one of the braces out the window as we sped down the highway.

Thanks to my mother, her persistence and the grace of God, I can walk today.

A real trendy shoe to be beaded!
Shoes always had a special significance to me, not just because they are trendy, but because they represent her dedication to my future. When I found her ballroom slippers under her bed just before she passed ( we knew she was going to in just a matter of hours), I cried my eyes out. Being practical, I nearly passed them over. It wasn't until my Sister In Law, Betty,who watched me break down, told me to keep them. My first thought was," I never could wear her dainty little shoes."  Then it hit me, I didn't have to be able to wear them to keep them.
Fairy Slippers
I found paper patterns to make shoes, and now I am going to convert them to fabric shoes and
 BEAD THEM!

I will get to host my very first trade on FAT (Fiber Art Traders) 
Fairy Slippers

 I am so blessed to have been so loved, and I just want to share it with all of the stuff I create.

My Freckles puppy giving his mama some loving.

He has been so good to only tear up one pair of my shoes!

Blessings


Comments

Unknown said…
Hey Ralonda!

I knew I had been on this blog... Girl, update this blog with more of your gorgeous work...I know you've got some things you are hiding from us, lol.!!! Hey, it's hard to have a life and do your crafting too AND keep up a blog. Anyhoo, I love your beaded treasures. We are going to have to swap a doll. I will do my best to bead on her...lol. I am not a beader, but with some practice and actually reading the beading books that I have, it shouldn't be much of a problem... So I really have no reason not to bead...such a slacker!
hugz
Pam

Popular posts from this blog

Beginning again.

Thank You

Doll Journey: Nesting